Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Update

We have taken out all dairy, eggs, and all of his other sensitivities. One thing I have noticed since we have taken everything out is he is hungry ALL the time. He can eat two pieces of chicken, a cup of broccoli, strawberries and still want more! That's a lot for an almost 4 year old. I have to cut him off. He gets breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner. If I would let him he would eat all day. His skin has good days and bad days. Today is a bad day. I say it's a "bad" day. It's actually a lot better then it has been in a long time. However, just a few days ago it looked better than what the photo shows. His body is trying to get rid of all the toxins that have been making him sick and the way it escapes for Jacob is through his skin. One really positive thing is that the doctors think by the end of the summer he will no longer have any sensitivities and possibly no allergies. When there is a gut issue the body decides how it is going to react. For some kiddos it's through eczema. Others it's ADHD or seasonal allergies. When you have a gut issue the lining thins out and undigested food and other things escape into the body. The immune system goes into overdrive and causes things like eczema.  These are pics from tonight.




One of the biggest things we have noticed is Jacob's behavior since we took him off all of his foods he is sensitive to or allergic to. He is so HAPPY ALL THE TIME! It's amazing. Before he was WHINEY ALL  MOST OF THE TIME.  I thought I was going to get a nervous tick from how whiney he was. Of course it's because he feels so much better. Probably better than he has in a long time. He is also more focused.  I have had ADHD for quite some time and was scared he would have it as well. I realize now it's because of the garbage I have been eating. I have taken myself off of all sodas and breads. I am working on taking out all chips, crackers, and other processed foods. It is a little harder when you are 30. I have a lot of bad habits to break and it is definitely a process. I now understand that so many things that we are diagnosed with come from the gut. Heal the gut, heal the disease. I will definitely go into more detail about this but for now I am beat! We had state testing for our kids today and it's always a draining experience. Below is a picture from this weekend. I am definitely blessed.


I had to throw this one in. The boys did NOT like the "man eating chick"



No comments:

Post a Comment